Happy Valentine's Day! I hope every one of you realize how much you are loved!
I have been blessed beyond measure to have all of my loves in my life! I've been married to my best friend now for almost 22 years.
To read about how we met you can check out these links.
http://trish-lovinlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-i-met-joe-part-1_22.html
And of course I have my kids. My sweet girl and my sweet boy! The perfect bookends for our love story!
For someone who always seems to have so much to say I find myself speechless on days like this. It seems that when it comes to the people that are the biggest part of my life in the most meaningful way I have a hard time finding the words. (sigh)
I've always loved Valentine's Day. It's mushy and silly and fun. My dad always kept a card that I gave him one year when I was barely old enough to sign my name to it. My mother had gone to buy Valentine's cards and when she gave me mine to sign I didn't like it. I liked the picture on hers better, so she let me have it. I can't remember what the card said but the punch line when you opened the card said "I like your bod." So that was a running joke with us. Growing up I always knew that our cards would say "I like your bod." So naturally I miss my daddy on Valentines Day!!! He and Mom were my first valentines.
I am so bummed that this year I haven't gotten cards or gifts for anyone!!! It's so unlike me. And I can't even do something special like make a cool meal for them because tonight it's gym night for Amy and so she and Joe will be heading to Tahlequah. And besides, I'd have to have them do most of the work anyway if I were to cook for them. The day I can walk without crutches is going to be a great day and by golly we're going to celebrate!!! So this Valentines Day hasn't been the day I'd hoped it would be but we'll make up for it later!
As Always, I'm thankful for all of you! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!
Life is Good!!!




So sweet and so precious...Made tears come to my eyes. I've had a couple of Valentine Days similar to this one that you are experiencing this year. One good thing is that we are so Blessed to have so many people to love, and we can have Valentines any day...Just pull out a red heart and give them a hug and a kiss!
ReplyDeleteBee....Sweet!
Shug