I love the shape and the feel of it! She did good!!!
I have been mentally going over all of the things I can give the kids when they move out. I'm pretty excited about stocking their kitchen and culling a few things out of mine. They will NOT get this spatula though. It's mine!
Last night the high school soccer team travelled to Miami, Oklahoma for a soccer scrimmage. My boy went with them. He's been an assistant coach for their team this year. I had to miss the game but I got a play-by-play when Evan got home. He was really excited for them. They won the first 3 games but then lost the fourth. He was proud of the team.
This morning when I woke up I had a really sweet message from a lady who had a son in Evan's class (they graduated 3 years ago) and has a younger son that's on this team that Evan is coaching. She told me what a great job Evan did and how cool it was to see him on the sidelines talking to the boys. She said she was very proud of him. Isn't that sweet? It makes me get a lump in my throat. I feel like a soccer mom again! I've got to go see this for myself!
He really is a great kid (can you still call them that when they're 21?) He goes to school and makes good grades, has a job that he works hard at. I hear such nice things about him when I go into Lowe's. And then to have an old coach invite him back to help coach, AND hear sweet things from other parents about how cool it is to watch him working with the younger players? Well... I'm just bursting with pride.
I don't think I tell him enough how proud I am of him. And he's been so helpful during this whole ordeal with me. I'm a lucky mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment