Mmmmmmmmm
Spinach Dip!
I'll admit it. I didn't invent this recipe. And the recipe has been posted a million times on the internet. So I'm not going to try to re-invent the wheel here. But what I am going to do is try to talk you into getting past your food phobias.
The only thing missing from this picture is the spinach. Before I could get a picture of the boxes of spinach we put it in a colander to thaw.
Important Note: Make sure you buy the Knorr Vegetable soup not the Spring Vegetable soup.
The spring vegetable soup is not the same and is not nearly as good.
The recipe is actually on the back of the soup packet but it's also on the website.
I was reading another blog that had posted this recipe and was irritated that the person actually encouraged people to not use the water chestnuts that the recipe calls for. I think it's fine if people have an aversion to certain kinds of foods but I don't think you should push your food aversion on to others. For ONE thing.. don't have a food blog if your gonna be a picky eater and for another thing... Well, I don't have another thing. But it's just annoying to me.
So I'm here to ENCOURAGE you to try it. The water chestnuts add practically no flavor at all to the recipe. If you don't know that they're in there you wouldn't even be able to guess that it's an ingredient. But it does add a slight crunch to the dip and I love a little bit of crunch!
So there! Take that! Food blogging lady.
Ok, that little rant aside you really should try this. Make it ahead and let it sit at least 2 hours but preferable overnight. The dried veggies in the soup will plump and it will be delish!
I mix all of this in the food processor.
First I put in the drained water chestnuts and three green onions (with just the ends nipped off) and give it a few pulses. Then I add a cup of Mayonaise, 16 oz of sour cream, the soup mix, and the spinach.
I have never tried it with fresh spinach but I bet it would be good. I just thawed out the frozen spinach and squeezed all of the water out of it.
I also doubled the spinach in the recipe. (2 boxes)
This would be great as an appetizer for the Grammy's or the Academy Awards! Serve with crackers, pretzels, or veggies. Also it's so pretty served in a sourdough bread bowl.
Try it~ you'll like it!
And here's the link!


No comments:
Post a Comment