It's another beautiful snow day! I thought we were just in for another light dusting but by golly it's been snowing here all day. I love watching the big fat flakes come down. It's so peaceful. And it always makes me think of my daddy. He always had a way of making me appreciate how lovely days like this are. And days like this I really miss him. Not in a sad way! Don't think I'm sad! I just smile and remember all the wonderful memories. I have a bunch! Dad always loaded me up to go ride around with him on snow days. He'd say "Let's go Trishy!" and off we'd go! All of the pictures of me when I was little out in the snow were taken by dad.
I gather that everyone here in our area are trying to control their frayed nerves. I hear of people that have been stuck in their homes for five days now. I can handle that without any problem because I find all sorts of ways to entertain myself but I also know that I have a way to get out if I really wanted to. I think that's key. Some people are STUCK. I'm also hearing about frozen pipes, heaters not working, cars not starting, empty grocery shelves, and gas stations running out of gas. I don't know if it was a joke or not but I even read today about police being called to Walmart because there were two people fighting over toilet paper. My goodness! They are seriously teetering on the edge. I'm sure people that stocked up didn't anticipate running out and not being able to buy more by now. But that's what's happening! Thank goodness we have all that we really need.
I wonder what we all did before Facebook? I am pretty sure I've enjoyed being socked in before but really doesn't Facebook just keep you entertained? Julie in her historic neighborhood in Oklahoma City has a new pet. A Muscovy goose that has decided to live by her door. If it weren't for Facebook he wouldn't have the name JIM! It's been fun keeping up with the adventures of Jim. And also reading the posts on how to care for him. He got the name Jim because someone asked "How are you taking care of Jim?" and then later "I meant to say HIM not JIM!" Too late, you can't go back on it now....
I also discovered that some cops Facebook from their patrol cars when they are working. I laughed and decided that we now know what takes them so long when they walk back and sit in their cars.
And for sure news seems to travel at an incredible speed because of Facebook. I had friends in Oklahoma City and in other states asking me about things going on here on the lake before I had a chance to hear about it from friends here locally.
So what is your favorite thing to do when your socked in? Read? Cook? Sleep? Play games? Amy stayed snuggled up beside me today and we watched t.v. for most of the day and took a nap. I had a hard time convincing her to go out and take pics. All I got was these!

Can you see the icicles under the hammock?
I don't know what's up with these icicles dripping out of the vents in the roofs but I'm sure it can't be good.
And here's the icicle that's taking over outside of our front door
It's been dripping down on my poor Nandina and making it lean.
Most everyone besides me is pretty fed up with the snow it seems. Even Coco is tired of it. She runs now when she sees her sweater because she knows sweater = going out. Speaking of stocking up... we had a near catastrophe! We ran out of Pupperonis. Thank goodness Joe saved the day and went to the grocery store at lunch.
Arthur doesn't mind... He says let it snow!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment