Thursday, February 17, 2011

A very nice day

Last week our actual temperature was -20 degrees.  Today? Right this minute.. it's 75 degrees.  Who would have ever believed a few days ago that I'd have the windows open and all of that snow would gone by now?   It is nothing short of amazing....

A week or two ago a friend was teasing me about doing a give away on the blog.. and I know she was joking, but it got me to thinking.  What would I give away? And how would I do it?
I am coming up on the one year anniversary of this blog. I thought ,well, maybe I should reward the first people who commented on my blog.  At any rate... I'm thinking about it.   I have until May.  But I am open to suggestions.. anyone have any ideas?

I know someday I'm going to look back on this time and laugh but I'm just stunned at the pace life is going right now. It's flying by and I can't keep up!  From auditions, to shopping for a prom dress, to senior pictures, and senior night. I wish I could pause everything just one or two weeks!!!  Give me time to catch up!  For example.  I found this picture of Amy on Facebook today and remembered that sweet Katherine has senior pictures of my daughter and I haven't been by to see them!   Katherine and Amy took care of Amy's senior page while I was down.  (sigh)  Katherine is always there to bail me out and I hope she knows how much I appreciate her!

My lovely girl


I've had a big week.  I drove myself to my hair appointment the other day.  In spite of protests from friends and family, and lots of offers to take me.  It was exciting.  I was FREE!  I crutched to the car, got in, and then took my boot off so I could drive with my right foot.  Everyone kept saying "what if you have to brake really hard?!" so I braked with my left foot.  I couldn't push the gas pedal very hard before it would hurt so I drove 20 mph all the way to town.  But it went well!  I made it there. Got my boot back on and crutched into the salon.  Oh! Did I ever need that appointment!  My hair was brown and it was long! But not now.  I'm back to the short blonde that you all know!  And my unibrow is history.

Yesterday I went with Steph to Arkansas to go run some errands that were desperately needed.  I had an amazing day.  I don't know if the highlight of my day was riding in an actual wheelchair (not motorized) through Hobby Lobby with Steph pushing me (think Thelma and Louise)  or making the little old man in Wal-Mart mad.  I was in a motorized cart then.  And apparently I was in his way!  He threw his arms up in the air.  It's probably just as well that I didn't hear exactly what he was muttering or I would have laughed out loud.  I'm always astounded at how cranky people can be.  Ever notice that it makes people even more mad when you laugh or smile when they're angry?

I got home and realized that I hadn't taken my pictures for my 365 challenge and so I tried to hurry to get them done.. I didn't think it would be a good sign if I skipped on just day 4 of the self-imposed assignment.  I had actually thought about taking the camera with me on our shopping trip, but I was worried someone might try to steal it out of the car.  Today I've done much better I've got several pictures to choose from already and the day isn't over.

Day 4 Photo

I guess my adventures caught up with me today.  I have had no energy at all and for some reason my ribs feel like they are bruised. ??  laughing maybe?  I don't know.  But I just wanted to drop by and say hi and tell you that I'm going to be making Pioneer Woman's Cauliflower Soup for dinner.  It is so yummy.  
Evan has a barstool over by the island so I can sit and chop.  :)  

Hope everyone's day has been sunny and bright!!!
Life is good!


4 comments:

  1. I Had a Great Day too!!!! Thanks for the blessing of your friendship! Love S

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture of Ms Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....toooo Funny!
    I am thinking we might make a good pair. I too attempted to drive myself to the hair salon this past Wed. I could barely turn the ignition on. My
    hands were not cooperating. If we lived close, you could use your hands to drive and I could use my feet to push the gas and the brake peddle.
    It would be Thelma and Louise. There would be NO stopping us!
    Beautiful picture of Amy...She is so cute!
    Take Care..
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS funny! I'm glad you made it safely!!! The lengths we go to just to get our hair done!

    ReplyDelete