![]() |
| Memorial Day Weekend 2008 |
This recipe is a perfect recipe for the Super Bowl. And if you make it you will be very famous amongst Your family and friends. I promise.
To make this you will need:
2-4 cans of Wolf Brand Chili with beans
One pound of Velveeta (you can use 2% if you like)
1 cup of picante sauce
That's the basic recipe and you just heat the ingredients over low heat stirring often to prevent scorching.
The original recipe also called for this dip to be poured into a large casserole dish and then garnished with the following:
2 medium avacados, cut into chunks
1 tomato, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
A dollop of sour cream in the middle of the pan
I don't know why... but we rarely make it that way anymore. I don't know if it's because of picky eaters through the years, or if it's because we're ready to dig in, or if it's because it saves better if the other ingredients aren't on top. At any rate... it's delicious with the garnishes but it's still just as delicious if you don't use them.
You will want to have plenty of chips on hand. I've also witnessed people eating this with flour tortillas and also used as a topping for chili cheese dogs.
One side note. I've made this using more or less chili and it's just fine so you can play with the proportions. I've also found that I like to use more picante sauce. I also use medium to hot salsa.
Getcha some of this folks!!!
Oh, and P.S. I've tried other brands and to me there is only one kind of chili for this recipe.. Wolf Brand.

No comments:
Post a Comment