Yesterday there were four eagles outback fishing. I don't know if you can make out that eagle or not in the picture. They were sitting on the ice "chillin."
(ar ar! get it?) The other three were further across the lake and my picture of them didn't turn out.
It is just amazing watching the Canadian geese, coots, cormorants, and pelicans floating in my cove. I love seeing them. It never gets old. But there were so many out there yesterday that I was asking myself is this Alaska or Oklahoma?!
And with these record setting temps we've had (-20 the other day) I wonder if the birds are asking the same thing.
Every day around 4 I have to shut the shutters that face the lake because the sun is just BLINDING coming in. It doesn't last for long. I usually open them back up within the hour so I can see the sunset.
Yesterday when I was opening blinds I saw the pelicans out on the point taking a little nap in the sun.
This picture was taken through the window and you know I couldn't just leave it at that...
So I went as fast as I could through the house and tried to be sneaky and go outside. Anyone that's been around me lately knows it's impossible for me to sneak up on anything.
So.... When I got out there. I woke them up and they left. (sigh...)
Don't they know I love them?
anyhooooo....
Here's a good news/ bad news scenario.
The good news is..... today the temperatures are going to be up close to 50 degrees. It's practically swimsuit weather! And that means the snow and ice is melting.
The bad news is.... The snow and ice is melting. We have a serious water leak in our bedroom.
We're just dealing with it the best we can. There is no pipe under that part of the house. It's just from the snow and ice pack on the roof in above that area. It's seeping down the wall. And the roof is so far off the ground in that area it's really hard to reach.
I'm so ready for spring and my Ya-Ya weekend. I will get there one way or the other!!!!
Life is good!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment