Monday, February 28, 2011

Super Delicious & Easy Quesadillas


This is one of my family's go-to meals when we are tired and we need a quick easy meal.  I'm thinking this meal takes 10 minutes to make.  I don't really know how long it takes to make this because I've never really timed it... but it doesn't get much easier than this for a meal that is delicious!

A couple of years back I was in a chain Mexican restaurant and ordered brisket tacos and I thought, heck! That's not brisket. That's roast beef! I can do that.  I made it a time or two using left over roast beef.  And that is wonderful but then I heard about these little Hormel packages of ready made meats.  I usually keep several of these on hand.  I just stick them in my deep freezer.  I usually take them straight from the freezer to the microwave so it's not really necessary to plan ahead for this meal.  It's not like you have to set the meat out and let it thaw, etc..

The other cool thing is these little Hormel packages come in different flavors.  Roast beef with Rosemary is one of my favorites, so is the Roast Beef Au Jus, and the pork roast.  

Here's what you need:
Butter (pronounced buddah)
cheese shreds
flour tortillas
Hormel Roast Beef


First heat your meat according to package directions. 


The shred the meat and let it sit.  Don't drain off the excess juice.  It will soak back up into the meat when it sits.


Some people like to make their quesadillas with two tortillas (one on top, one on bottom) but to me it's hard to flip in the pan.  So I do this...
Place you meat and cheese on half of the tortilla. The close it up.


Place on the griddle over medium heat on some melted butter


flip!


Do several at a time....  


A little sour cream, salsa, and some guacamole... badda bing badda boom!  Easy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment