Thursday, February 10, 2011

Content

content2 (

kənˈtɛnt) 
 
adj
1.mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are
2.assenting to or willing to accept circumstances, a proposed course of action, etc
 
vb
3.(tr) to make (oneself or another person) content or satisfied: to content oneself with property
 
n
4.peace of mind; mental or emotional satisfaction


What a glorious day!  The sun is shining (at least it is here) and yeah, it's cold.  But I'm taking a moment this morning to count my blessings.  I have shelter, I have heat, I have my family, and we have our health!

This morning we woke up to a freezing fog and a frozen cove.  It looked pretty ominous at first but as the sun came up a winter wonderland emerged.  The sun shining on the trees made them glitter and now it appears to be snowing in our cove as the frost is falling out of the trees.  How a person could not love this sight is beyond me!  

I had the pleasure of enjoying another snow day with my family yesterday!  We've had more than our share in the past couple of weeks but hey! It really doesn't happen that often and I love it!   
We ended up getting another two feet of snow (or close to it) and that makes this a record setting winter here in Oklahoma!  My friend Richard was saying yesterday that he now has that ski in/ ski out house that he's always wanted.  That's the spirit Richard!!  I love hearing friends that can appreciate their circumstances.  

Life is Good!!! 
Hope everyone has a splendid day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment