Friday, February 11, 2011

Toff Love




Text Message:

Steph: You awake?

Me: Barely

Steph: I'm coming over.

I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or be worried.  That is soooooooo unlike Steph to drop in like that.  But she did warn me! I didn't even have time to brush my teeth!  Poor girl had to sit with me while I had morning breath and no bra on.  Good grief.  I figured it had to be important.  As it turns out she is a gift giver just like Joe... once she has something for you she has to give it to you right away. 

But here's what she brought me! (yay!)






It's P Dub's love story!  


And these!!  Oh These are amazing!!!
Toffee Sticks

Steph brought me these either the day of  my surgery or the day after.  I can't remember which... but I do remember how wonderful they are!  They're the perfect size.  And they didn't last long.  I hinted around for more but I never got them.  I figured it was her version of "toff love".   I got them once when I felt bad but now it was time to grow up and get over them. 

As it turns out, Steph has been looking for them ever since I mentioned them but couldn't find them!  So it wasn't "toff love" after all!!!  Thank goodness!!!

If you haven't read PW's love story you must.  It's very simple but the thing I think I love most about it is it reminds you of what you felt like when you fell in love.  A couple of years ago my friend Shellie told me about Pioneer Woman and told me to read her love story first.   Shellie related to her because she lives on a farm too and she said it really made her take a stroll down memory lane and remember what it was that made her fall in love with her husband and made her appreciate him even more.  And it is so true! It was refreshing!  :)  

By the way... I already know what Joe got me for Valentines Day too.  I love that man!  
I don't know how on Earth I'm going to get out to get valentines for my family.  I may have to break out the construction paper and Elmer's Glue.  
I'll let ya'll know how that works out.



3 comments:

  1. I Love You my Sweet Friend!!!! Soooo good to catch up! Love S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! And I was happy to see you too. This snow storm is cramping our style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics Trish!!!

    ReplyDelete