Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Howdy!

We had a whirlwind trip to Norman!  Steph went with me and Amy.  Actually,  She drove us to Norman and took care of us!  She might have to move down there next fall, she's spoiling us rotten.    But we had a good time.  Got settled into our hotel room and went out for dinner and then we had a quick shopping spree in Super Target.  It's ridiculous- that place.  We shop for things we can't buy back home in the sticks.  So we came home with special kinds of granola with flax seed, 5 different types of granola bars, Skinny Water, and gum that we've never known existed.  And I got to drive the cart!  I even discovered the cart had a horn.  I loved it!! Amy didn't.  Which made me love it more!!!  It was paybacks for her toddler years.

We got up early this morning and got ready for audition #2.  Everything went well, I thought!



Here are how many girls showed up yesterday




Partner stunting with a girl...


Showing Coach Chard her tumbling skills




Partner stunting with a guy 
Can you see her?  She's in the air upside down



Doing the fight song

I have to tell you again how proud I am of this girl.  Just even doing this is scary and intimidating.  The caliber of cheerleaders trying out is high.  Some are really good at tumbling.  Some are good stunters, and some are good at all of it.  It's really hard, I would think, to keep your composure and not be intimidated by other girls who come from much, much, MUCH bigger schools and bigger cities.   
This child of mine has COURAGE. That much is true.  And I'm proud of her for putting herself out there.  

And... she pretty much rocked it yesterday.  She stood out during the fight song (in a good way)
and she stunted well.  There are tumblers that can do harder tumbling skills but Amy does have pretty tumbling.  She has long, fluid motions.  So I'm happy and I think she came away from this audition feeling pretty good.  She has said that as long as she knows she tried her hardest she won't have any regrets.  I think that's how it should be.  Love that girl! 




No comments:

Post a Comment