Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday evening

Quick update!  I have my boot OFF and I am finished with my crutches!  YAY!!!!  Now I just walk through the house like Fred Sanford!  I'm hoping that a little bit of physical therapy will fix that.  People tend to stare.  I'm starting PT on Tuesday so I'll keep you posted.  I'm quite sure I'll have a lot to say about that.

BTW... in my last blog I mentioned that Anita helped me solve a problem.  I have been working for months on trying to make my blasted photo software let me write phrases on my photos.  I use Aperture.
It has been a frustrating effort.  Finally I asked my cousin Anita what program she uses and she told me Picnik.  All I can think of is why the heck didn't I ask her sooner?  I'm in love with Picnik.  Super easy and user friendly.  Here's an example of what I've been doing with it.


Cool huh?  

This program is addictive!  I just took this picture of Amy in her shoes this morning.  Then there's this picture that I took last summer and edited yesterday.


This wasn't even one of my "keeper" photos.  I'm so glad I didn't toss it in the trash.  So now you know what I've been doing instead of blogging.  I've been finding old photos and making them new again.  




Anyhoo...
It's Oscar Night!  It never fails that I don't see very many of the movies before the Oscars.  I wish I had!  It would make it more interesting I think.  Instead I'll just pretend like I know what the movies are about and cheer on people I think should win based on knowing absolutely nothing.  Other than True Grit.  I did see that.  I do love The Dude.   It's funny, people always correct me when I say that.  They say "you mean The Duke."  But in fact, I do mean The Dude.  I love The Big Lebowski.  The Dude abides.  It's the perfect film for people who are as warped as me.   

Tonight we are making a classic southern dish for dinner so that we can have a very casual laid back dinner  while we watch the Oscars.  I am making a recipe for Shrimp and Grits that came from my new Bobby Flay cookbook.  I'm only making a couple of changes.  2 changes aren't bad for me! 

Recipe will follow!!  

1 comment:

  1. Girl...I just love you to death!

    You crack me up....I love the pictures and can you believe how addictive picnik is? I was one happy camper when I found it!
    Tell amy that shug
    loves those shoes!
    Hope your week is filled with much joy!
    I need them...size

    ReplyDelete