I only have two pairs of shoes that fit me right now. A pair of New Balance running shoes that I've had for years and had been my shoes that I do yard work in. They are old and worn out and are wide enough that I could slip on and off without having to untie them. And then there are these shoes:
They are as wide as they are long! Haha My little size 6 1/2 foot is now extra wide on the right foot. It's just lovely!
Therapy has gone well so far. The therapist said sometimes they have people come in that can only wiggle their foot a little bit so he was impressed with my range of motion. I have worked on that since surgery. He told me that the hardest body parts to rehabilitate are the wrist and the ankle because of their intricate movements.
I haven't done much except just some range-of-motion, some stretching exercises, and some heal stretches. It's going to be a slow-go!
Meanwhile, all of my shoes in my closet are feeling lonely and unloved!!!! :(

No comments:
Post a Comment