We had the world's shortest spring break trip. It was really pitiful. We took off Friday evening after my hubby got off work and headed south to Mt. Ida, Arkansas to Shangri-La Resort on Lake Ouachita.
It's very much like going home for me. I was raised there practically.
We got settled into our cabin
Amy on her little daybed out in the kitchen/ living area of the cabin.
It was almost time for bed when we got there so we just watched t.v. for a little bit and then called it a night.
The next day we got up and had breakfast at the cafe and caught up with some of our friends. We then headed off to Hot Springs for a day at the races at Oaklawn. It was so nice to see everything in bloom there. The flowers were blooming, the trees too. My favorite is the tulip tree. They are all over Hot Springs.
We got to eat our favorite fast Mexican food there in Hot Springs and then we got home after dark.
Got up the next day and came home!
It was too short of a trip but I had a great time catching up with what friends we did get to see! It was so strange for us though to not have the puppies with us and also to not have my Ya-Ya friends with us.
The only reason I am accepting this short trip, as pitiful as it was, is because I'm going back for a week in June.
It's been good to be home with my kiddos though! We worked in the yard together some yesterday. I'm loving this gorgeous spring time weather. It's hard to stay inside long enough to get on the computer.
Tomorrow I'll post my potato soup recipe for you! :) I promise!



I'm so sorry that I missed you. Things are crazy here right now . Hopefully your next trip I can make it over for a day .
ReplyDeleteGirl...I am so loving me some "Spring Break"
ReplyDeleteWhen all my kids are home, I am one happy Sugar!
I get depressed when vacations end! Not sure why, guess it's because we are always having so much fun!
Just think...In just a little over two months you will be back having yourself a down home good time!! Love the pictures...
Oh...BTW how was the foot on this quick get-a-way?
Shug
Glad to know I was one of the "early adopters" of this fine blog. Thank-you gift of iPad 2 (black, 64GB 3G) would be great - Thanks!
ReplyDelete