In honor of St. Patty's Day and our friend Bert.. we're bringing you green bean bundles!
They are a super cute way to serve up this yummy little side dish. It's perfect for when you have company. I made them because I thought the green beans in Sam's Club were beautiful and I have a ton of veggies right now. We grilled chicken and had fresh corn on the cob and green bean bundles. Sounds like a perfect spring meal!
This recipe may sound like it takes a lot of effort to make it but really it wasn't bad at all. Especially if you use child labor.
Snip the ends off
Put them in a pot of boiling water and boil for 4 or 5 minutes
The drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
This will also allow you to pick them up!
Divide your beans up into however many bundles you need
And wrap them in a 1/2 piece of bacon
you could secure them with a toothpick if you wish but I just placed them seam side down
Meanwhile in a separate bowl mix the following ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp of garlic salt
1/8 tsp of soy sauce
I don't know why but I sprinkled these with seasoning salt. The recipe didn't call for this but that's how I roll. Then I drizzled the butter sauce over the green beans.
Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.
I had mine on the top rack up and I began to smell the brown sugar scorching after a few minutes so I moved it down to the lower rack. The green bean bundles were fine though, not scorched at all. They are just slightly garlic-y and have a nice sweet flavor with a hint of bacon. That is unless you eat the bacon like I did and then it has an AWESOME bacon flavor.
And what a pretty presentation! Your guests will be impressed!!





I sooooo love green beans I can eat them straight out of a can
ReplyDeleteI love the shamrock on the slide show too.
What a beautiful presentation of green beans...
ReplyDeleteSounds like a delicious meal..Wish I had in on my plate right now...
Hugs,
Shug