Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Braised Chicken

This isn't exactly a recipe.  It falls more under the "great find" category.  I saw this in Williams-Sonoma a few weeks ago.


The jar doesn't look all that intriguing.  Very plane actually.  I nearly passed it by.  But I read the ingredients and it's a balsamic glaze with caramelized onions in it.  So I decided to give it a try.  I'll try almost anything once.  For that reason alone I could never run for public office. 

You can use chicken or pork.  The idea is to put a little bit of oil in a pan and brown the meat the pour the sauce over it, cover it and place in an oven at 350 for about 40 minutes.  
I decided to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. 


I wanted to make more of a one dish supper.  I added sliced onion, chopped carrots, potato slices, and an entire package of baby portabella mushrooms. 


The ingredients prior to placing in the oven





Yum!  The chicken is so tender it falls apart when you pick it up and all of the veggies are tender.  It has a complex flavor that tastes as if you spent hours making this dish.  I will most definitely buy this product again!  



No comments:

Post a Comment