Thursday, July 1, 2010

Still celebrating my birthday!

Carrie had called me before my birthday and said that she had my birthday present.  We talked about when we could get together and between their schedule and ours we set a date.   So yesterday evening Carrie and Winston came over to bring me my gift.  First I got my card.



Which reminds me of the story of how Amy came into this world... but that's a story for another time.  
Then she gave me my gift.  A box.  



Awesome! I love it. It's painted too.  sweet!



Oh. And what's this? Screws?  Wow!!  Thank you.  
They said that they thought it would keep my entertained for hours on end.  Of course it would!!!
Then we got ready to leave to go to dinner and on our way our Winston said he wanted to give me something to go with my box and screws.  So he dragged this out of his truck.



A pole.  Now is he trying to make some pole dancing joke with me?  But again... I told him it was a lovely pole.  I love it.  That and a box with screws? Too much.  I loved it all.  



And then there was this!


Isn't it cool?  I really hate to even put it out in the yard.  It's too pretty.  They told me that Winston had found a couple that make these from reclaimed items- old barnwood, door knobs, etc.. and he got one for Carrie and then she wanted to get one for me for my birthday!!  

And on top of that I got fresh squash from Carrie's mother's garden to take on our trip this weekend. 



Isn't it pretty?

We had a lovely evening.  Dinner at La Casita and then a glass of wine on Winston and Carrie's back porch in this near perfect weather.  

I really am spoiled to have a birthday that we celebrated for a week.  I got pigs from both Lori and Stephanie.  Lori gave me little stacking pigs  that are darling, and Stephanie got me a GORGEOUS cutting board shaped like a pig from Williams- Sonoma (my mother ship) and some spices to go with it.  That pig is another thing I don't think I can actually use.  It's too pretty.  It looks like art.  It was made in Vermont and I love it.  It will most definitely have to be displayed in the kitchen but I'm not so sure about putting a knife blade on it.  

Well, I've procrastinated long enough.  I have got to hook it up today and get chores done and get ready to leave in the morning.  I've got to have clean crisp sheets to come home to, and a clean house.  I've got last minute things to get from the store, need to get my car filled up and washed and put the stow away on the back.  And that's just the beginning!


No comments:

Post a Comment