Woke up yesterday morning and put the wakeboard boat in the water, went by boat to eat breakfast at Tera Miranda, and then everyone else went out and boarded early while the water was smooth and calm. I stayed behind and had a heat stroke getting the big boat ready to take out. We took the big boat out for a couple of reasons. The first reason is, you want to be visible to the fast boats as they're coming up the lake. They literally go so fast it is hard for them to see small things until they're right up on them. The second reason we needed the big boat was because I needed to get pictures of the fast boats.
Yesterday was the Annual Ugly's Poker Run. And it's always fun to watch. There was also a bike poker run at one of the local casinos and so town was FILLED with motorcycles. It was crazy. It was like a bike rally here.
Anyway... the boats were supposed to leave at noon and most of there stops were on the south end of Grand Lake and there was only one stop at Shangri-la here on the north end. Everyone thought they'd come to this end last but I knew better. Those boys and their toys. They couldn't wait to make a run ALL the way up the lake at wide open speeds. And sure enough about 12:05 we saw this coming at us.
It's exciting to see this scene coming at you!
And it was exciting seeing them open it up after the turn at Sweetwater Bay

Here's some fellow Grand Lakers

And another Grand Laker racing a skater


Here's a boat going by again but this time I think he spots me with my camera...
And they do love attention so he gave us a few more passes.This purple boat is a beautiful Nortech. And that line of boats are are friends tied up watching!

And I think this guy spotted my camera too


friendly folks! :)

Or maybe they were waiving at these two who were sitting out on the bow of the boat

This boat made a statement. It purred like a kitten.
It's the first time I've ever seen a Statement boat.
And then this one went by (it's sister Statement boat)
And it was so quiet. Everyone was drooling!
But it went by us then turned around right in front of the bow of our boat
the opened it up for us!!!
woohooooooooo!!!!


That is a sweet boat right there. I wish you could hear it.
That was about the time the boat rocked because of the waves and sent me into a sharp metal corner on the windshield. Right into my ribs. But I kept snapping pictures.

Speaking of sweet.. this is pretty cool too.

And this Donzi was pretty decent too. It looked orange from a distance but you get close
and the metallic flake changed colors. The front turned yellow. cool.

This boat looks like an MTI. But he's taken Corvette parts like the emblem and made it look like a Corvette boat. It even has Corvette engines. Very cool.

Evan is in love with this green color

Is that beautiful or what?

And the guys with the big fast boats need bikini babes
I'm trying to remember if I was EVER a bikini babe...
I can't remember that far back.

I thought this was our lake patrol until I uploaded the picture.
He needs to just go back home. I've got this covered!
It's times like this that our heart aches for our fast boat. We had a Donzi stolen from us in 2004. It was truly awful. I don't know which was worse having the boat stolen or having to deal with the insurance investigators. Our local police knew we didn't have anything to do with it but insurance companies are evil. EVIL. It took almost a year before the claim cleared. The insurance investigator said to me "that police investigator sure seems fond of you." What a slime ball. I guess they try to unnerve people on purpose. That's part of why I wanted the big boat so bad. It's too big to steal!!
Last night when we were eating dinner some friends of ours that live in Duck Creek told us they saw the Rockstar Punch boat being towed in. And then my longing for our Donzi went away. Fast boats are so expensive. Something is always breaking on those high performance boats. So, I'm content with what we have.
It was a very fun weekend here on Grand Lake! This really is a special place.
Life is good!!!

Beautiful boats!!! and the gal with the camera isn't bad herself!! lol
ReplyDeleteTrish,
ReplyDeleteI am quite sure you were a bikini babe.
I was until 6 yrs. ago. LOL!!
Kari~~
Awesome pics!!! I love those boats!! Uh, we are still bikini babes (just seasoned) LOL!!
ReplyDeleteLori
You crack me up!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're ok and nothing is broken!!
The boats are beautiful and I know it was a great day for YA"LL! Thanks for posting the pictures..
shug
Sorry about all the grammatical errors in the post! Gosh, I got in a hurry to get the pictures out. :)
ReplyDelete