It is suh-weet. I immediately started taking pictures of random items in the house at a very close range. I won't bore you with all of them but here are a couple.
I was sitting at my table on the back deck and caught this hummingbird.
I'm about 15 feet from it.

And here's another photo showing how much I can zoom in on a photo just like the one above.
The detail astounds me. 15 feet away!!! You can count his little toes.
I finally set my camera down and went on to water flowers in Sharon Jean's yard. Later I thought the light looked nice outside so I decided to snap a photo or two of Amy. I want to add to her senior picture cache and hopefully one or two will work out. Here's what we came up with.



I'm sorry if the swimsuit shot offends anyone! We were trying to get photos of things that are important and relative to her life. Life on the lake is definitely in that category. I think it's funny that the crazy bands are on her arm. They represent this summer for sure! And there's hardly been a day since mid school that she hasn't had a hair tie on her wrist. You never know when you may need a spare!
I have a feeling I'm going to have some serious fun with this lens. Carrie wants me to find a bug and get it's picture. I want to! Finding one is suddenly presenting a challenge. I've spent all summer trying to run them off.
Sadly I won't have a chance to play with the camera today. I'm driving the cheerleaders to Tahlequah this morning to meet with our choreographer to work on their State routine. I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about cheer competition but it is just around the corner. I've got the crock pot loaded and I just need another cup of coffee and I'll be ready to tackle the world.
Have a great day!!!

I really like the last photo of Amy......Her eyes reflecting the light of the sun is fabulous!!!! Looking forward to Friday to take more pics........If you didn't guess it's Carrie making this comment :)
ReplyDeleteIt's Amy and Joe's favorite too! :)
ReplyDeleteThe only reason any one could be offended ...is that they don't look that good in a swimsuit!
ReplyDeleteNo kidding Carla. She weighs about 105 sopping wet. I think I weighed that in 6th grade.
ReplyDeleteWill you send me a weblink for the lenses you got? I might need to include that in my monthly reminder note to Santa ;-)
ReplyDeleteTIA!
Trish,
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't comment on all your posts ... I really admire your blog and photography skills. I attempted a photo blog of my own over a year ago (http://ronking.blogspot.com). I ended up putting so much pressure on myself for content, that I burned myself out quickly.
Here is the concept I was going with:
Images taken from automobiles - or other vehicles...
Just to show that limited mobility doesn't mean limited creativity!
(A "cheesy" remake of my "limb-loss does not equal life-loss" quote from ErtlGuy.net)
I was hoping to use it as a motivational tool for many of the amputees I mentor/counsel.
Seeing the beauty of your photography is kindling the fire for my return to "photo blogdom"!
THANKS!
Thank you Ron. I know how you feel about putting pressure on yourself but consider this... if you just blog about yourself and all aspects of your life you can change your subject matter daily (or however often you want to) and won't feel the pressure to have just one subject to blog about. It will still be inspirational to fellow amputees because you have such an active and fulfilling life. You are multi-faceted and that should be an inspiration too. You adapted to work in the same field doing a different job and you have a super family. You can throw in photographs when you can and when you can't you can blog about other things.
ReplyDeleteI looked at lenses and read about them on the canon website
http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetProductLineAct&productLineID=3
And then did searches to find the product I wanted. Joe found the one I bought on Amazon.
Also, I read somewhere that a good blog will have updates once or twice a week. So it's not something you have to do daily. I'm already your friend on your blog spots so go for it!!!