I guess in my mind I pictured a 6 ft. waterfall... not this 75 foot beauty. There was a positive and a negative about yesterday's trip. They had flooding over night in this area and so the falls were gorgeous! But the water at the bottom which is normally a beautiful green color was chocolate milk brown yesterday. That and the oppressive heat wave we're having... but gosh it really was hard to complain. Down by the falls it was about 10 degrees cooler than it was at the top.
Carrie taught me how to change my camera setting to get these cool waterfall photos. See how the water looks like a cloud? All smooth?? Here's a shot of what it would look like normally.
In my Tim Ernst books all of his water photos use this cool effect of slowing the shutter speed. Someday I'm going to go shoot with him but for now I'm just a baby photographer. I'll get some practice in first.
I told you I had lots of reject pictures of Amy (like the one above) but I'm going to give you a peek of what my favorite shot yesterday looks like:
She wasn't self-conscious about the way she was looking it was just a natural relaxed pose. Perhaps a touch of heat stroke? Whatever it was I like it. Even though it's not a "smiley" picture.
Here's one that the color was all wrong and so I edited it and played with it until it looked like a vintage 70's picture. Has that Kodachrome look to it.
I can't wait to go back here in the fall. It'll be gorgeous then!
So what do you think?? Leave me a comment if your brave! Do you think it's ok? Good enough to use as a senior picture??






Hi mommy!
ReplyDeletetesting...
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Trish! What a pretty place. Your daughter is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteKari~
Pretty! We're doing some senior pics soon too.
ReplyDelete