Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday afternoon

It started off being a rainy day here and I LOVE rainy days.  I can stay inside and cook and clean and work on the house and not feel guilty at all about not doing the 22 things on my list of chores for the outside.  
This afternoon I made Elizabeth's death row meal (find it in the June archives) which is actually Italian Chicken with New Orleans Spaghetti Bordelaise.  It's an Emeril Lagasse recipe and oh man! Is it ever good.  It calls for 4 heads of garlic and I am smelling quite garlicky now.  No vampires will be coming around here.  
It's easy to put on some music and throw myself into cooking.  Today's music selection was James Taylor.  It almost felt like a fall day... and then you walk outside.  Warm wet blanket.  Ugh!  
I'm super excited that today the mailman brought me new toys!  I got my external flash for my camera and a new remote timer.  I need that timer so I can start taking long exposure pics without touching my camera.  YAY!!!  Now I can drag my tripod back out.  
Speaking of camera.  Going to experiment.  I know Katherine will do Amy's senior pics but I'm going to try to get some shots of my own.  Summer photo session begins tomorrow morning!  
I do hope everyone has had a good Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment