As I ran in to grab my camera I saw one go up and over the fence. But one stayed on top of the deck rail and the other one went to the beam and clung to it. Then went up.
I should have known that my camera would fog up! This humidity is killing me! I was out there saying please defog! please defog! I kept blowing on it trying to get it to dry because I just knew the raccoons were going to scamper away before I could get there picture.
Now I'm feeling bad. What if Bert was right? What if I deported their mother and these little helpless babies are left to fend for themselves? What should I do? Should I trap and deport them too? Should I feed them first? What if their mother is still around here? Should I wait to deport them?
This one got tired of waiting on me to finish taking it's picture and decided to just chill
How precious is this?
I finally went back in and got Mazie to come in. I turned off the light and layed back down. Then I worried if they'd find the 3rd raccoon that ran off. I wonder if they'll be able to find each other again.
We've trapped and carried away 13 raccoons so far this summer. With these 3 around that's 16!!!
I think we need to name our little cove "Raccoon Cove". It just seems natural.




Bless their little hearts.....so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWas that Tamara on that last post? lol I can hear Tamara saying that.
ReplyDeleteAmazing pictures...especially the close up. What a look on that little coon's face!
ReplyDeleteI got really close to the one on the lower rail and he looked down like he was trying not to make eye contact.
ReplyDeleteJerry had a baby raccoon as a pet when he was little. He swears they are just like dogs! These shots are too cute!! Love them!
ReplyDeleteLori