Thursday, July 8, 2010

Egg in the hole (or Bird's nest)

Amy's learning how to cook!  She called me a couple of weeks ago when I was gone from home and asked me how to cook an egg over medium.  For real? I was in the middle of a road trip with Stephanie and Britton taking Braleigh to pole vaulting camp.  I couldn't even begin to think about how to give verbal instrucations to do something that I do without thinking.  So I told her to google it.
By golly, she did!  She said she was very happy with the results.  So this morning while thumbing through cookbooks I came across Pioneer Woman's recipe for Egg in a hole.  I thought to myself "Amy can do this!" so I went and woke her.  She read the instructions while I gathered ingredients.  And she did it!  Here's her work in progress!


Anyone can do this!!!  I have people tell me all the time "I can't cook."  and I always say "yes, you can!" if you can read and follow directions you can do it!  I'm trying to think of what I can get Amy to cook next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment