Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What a nice thing to say!

"Why is it that two people can make the same dish, following the same recipe from beginning to end, and one will taste ten times better than the other? We all judge food on how it smells and how it tastes, but when you find a dish that tastes amazing, there is always that "something" that you can't describe.  I believe that "something" is love. Loving to cook is the difference between making food that is good and food that is great.
.... Watching my wife in the kitchen, it is easy to see how much she loves to cook.  In fact, she defines what loving to cook means to me.  Peeling potatoes or snapping green beans are chores that I rush through to get them over with; Trisha looks upon these tasks not as chores but as the careful loving steps she takes on the way to making a meal that will bring joy to whoever is seated at our table.
When I think of Thanksgiving or Christmas, it is always with pleasure of knowing that this year's meal will be amazing. The anticipation of the German chocolate cake she bakes each year for my birthday makes me not mind getting another year older.  And I know how happy it makes her that all of our friends feel the same way, because she always makes their favorite cake, pie, or pudding for their special days too.
Be it for family or guests, Trisha always wants the meal to be something worth remembering. Which brings me to this: To make truly delicious meals, not only must you love to cook, you must also love those for whom you are cooking. That's what makes Miss Yearwood's cooking simply the best."
                                                                                                         Garth Brooks


Wow!  I got a cookbook this week and this was the forward to the book.  I feel inspired to slow down and savor act of cooking for those that I love.  Don't you?  That is just about as sweet as it gets.
I just wanted to share that.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment