Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anticipation

Some things just can't be done until the last minute.  No matter what.  Packing ten tons of food for example.  Food will only stay frozen for so long.  But gosh darnit, I am so ready to be there!  We are staying at Mt. Harbor Resort on Lake Ouchita.

Here's the link:

http://www.mountainharborresort.com/

We are staying in a cabin that faces the marina and I'm counting on that being entertaining.  And there is a trail down to the water.  And there is a hot tub on the deck.  I'm just sayin'... I may not ever come back.
When I asked the lady that helped me make our reservations about their pet policy she told me they were welcome but she would need to know their names.  :)  I love it.  Mazie and Coco have reservations for a cabin in the woods on the lake in Arkansas.  They have  no idea how spoiled they are.

We're hauling the wakeboard boat with us so Amy, Zach went with me today as we ran gas out of the boat (so it will be less squirrelly as we haul it through the mountains).  They were happy to help me out.  We even stopped for a quick swim at Serenity point.



A Grand Lake 4th of July celebration is hard to pass up.  We do have incredible fireworks displays, and the grandaddy of them all is the Duck Creek Firework show.  I think they usually raise around $100K from people for fireworks.  It's always special.  The Oklahoma Air National Guard flies over and they always save Grand Lake for their last fly-by and they love to turn on their afterburners for us.  It never fails to give me goosebumps.  And... ok. I cry.  Ya'll know how I am.  They fly over in the missing man formation and it kills me every single time.  They also have vintage war planes that fly over. That's a story for another time.  But we are ready for change.  Simplicity.  No rat race.   While we were at Shangri-la Resort over spring break we decided that Lake Ouchita was where we wanted to be this year on the fourth.  And I am so excited.  New venue. No routine.  It makes me smile just thinking about it.  I can close my eyes and smell the pine trees.

But there's a problem.  We are going to be missing our boy.  He's decided to stay behind and work.  Serenity Point Marina has counted on him for years now and he decided to help them out.  That's the kind of person he is.  I know I'm not the only person that's going to miss him terribly.  Hunter counts on Evan.  Without Evan there are tooooooo many girls!  

So this blog is basically about two things:  
1. If you are planning to rob while we're out of town you can forget it.  There are people all over this place. 
2. If there's a keg party here while I'm gone you guys call me.  

No, I'm just kidding.  About #2 anyway.  I am completely confident that it would never happen.  

I hope everyone has a SAFE Holiday weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment