This whole year is going to be special. I just feel it. I love the squad! I think we all have this excited feeling about it. It's the first time that I know of that the Freshman and Varsity squad has been combined. And we already have the "State" competition squad picked out and let me tell you... these kids are awesome! We have two awesome boys that are going with the girls as well. It's the first year there have been 2 captains. My sweet girl and her best friend Meghan. See? The whole year is special.
Because this is a special group we really wanted them to have fun! And remember this year as one of the best ever. Since March my friend Stephanie and I have been making blankets for the kids. So cute.. Red on one side and zebra on the other. And we've had many many afternoons together since then making these blankets. We made the last one yesterday. We started off wanting it to be a surprise but I don't know if we managed to keep it a secret or not. Now that I think back on the day I don't think one kid was really surprised!
Then we decided that the kids could tie dye pillow cases with red and black to match the blankets. We are crazy I think. And so we came up with the idea that they could tie dye the pillow cases while they were here at the pool party. But how would they be able to identify their own pillow? So we decided to paint their names on them ahead of time. And so... yesterday we bought pillow cases and stayed up until midnight painting and blow drying their names on the pillow cases.
I thought Amy did a great job with their names
Then we thought the needed a little goodie bag too! Not just blankets and pillow cases!
The two black ones are for the boys
A little over the top.. but they're worth it! They're great kids!
By the way.. the cutie on the left is Zach's sister Kelsey

First they needed some grub!
And then they decided to pose for some pics....
It looks like fun! And it ended up making a tidal wave which came directly towards me.
Scawey.
Taylor and Kenidee tie dying
J is for Jammy, I mean Jimmy...
The boys have shirts instead of pillow cases
Jarrod posing while Kelsey and Jessica show off their designs
Coco doing her best to keep all the towels warm for the kids
What would a cheer party be without stunting or chicken fights? We had that too!
Overall, it was a good day and I heard more that one person say as they were leaving "man, I am so tired!" which makes me have that crazy maniacal laugh. But it's all good! Wouldn't change a minute of my day. Or the last three months getting ready for this day. It was perfect.
They leave tomorrow morning EARLY and I figure I have a few days to sleep while they're gone. Hope they have a blast!















Great pictures, Trish! You and Steph did an awesome job and the kids will always remember!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like they had a great time. Can't wait for Claire to get that age and have that much fun with her cheer squad.
ReplyDeleteSomeone tell Jarod he can breath when his head is out of the water.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking that judging from the look on his face she must be really REALLY heavy. lol
ReplyDelete