Did you know that Gourmet went out of publication within this last year? I don't know if they just couldn't weather the economy or it's time had just come and gone. Surely not the latter! I did buy myself and my sister a copy of The Gourmet Cookbook. Makes me sad to think that's it's the last one that will ever be.
This is a pretty typical coffee drinking scene for me. Basket of dog toys in the corner, computer at hand, piles of "stuff" around me.
Anyway, back to the cookbooks. I know that computer access to recipes has to have been really hard on some of these publications. Another that comes to mind is all of those Jr. League cookbooks. You remember those? I LOVED those. Over the 21 years of my marriage I got a lot of those as gifts from family and friends. Mostly my sister. I love thumbing through those too and seeing how many of those recipes have stood the test of time. Oil and Vinegar is one cookbook that's from the Tulsa Jr. League. Other's that have been popular have been Creme De Colorado, Plantation Cookbook, Stop and Smell The Rosemary, River Road, Seasoned With The Sun, and many many more.
I never did decide what to cook today, which is not unusual either! You can see how I got sidetracked. My mind goes into squirrel mode. If any of you have any ideas for me please let me know. Recipes now... I know they have doctors for this squirrel mode thing.
Meanwhile I will leave you with a Sunset picture. They're my favorite!
This one was taken last winter when I was dreaming of summer days like today! Enjoy your day friends!
Peace and blessings!!!


Peace n'blessin's...I gotta meet Peder in the perk...
ReplyDeletelol!!!!!! You know it!!!
ReplyDeleteand you know when I'm typing peace and blessings I am saying it just like her!! Peace and Blessings!!!
ReplyDelete