Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bird Hunting...

Today I'm hunting hummingbirds.  I know it's not REALLY hunting hummingbirds.  What I'm doing is the equivalent of men putting corn feeders out in their lot to "hunt" deer.  But it makes us feel like real badasses when we get what we want.   Here's Mazie and Coco hunting with me.


These hunting dogs are highly trained and they are very keenly aware of their masters commands- even the non-verbal commands.  Right now I'm cuing Coco to look to the side of the dog house and pretend nothing is going on.  It's a top secret method but today I will share.   I get her to do this by pointing the camera at her.  




Here's the trap..... I mean, the bait!   



Before too long (actually about every 5 minutes) one will show up.



This bird knows I'm sitting there rapid firing shots of it and it doesn't care!



It's summer and it's thirsty!  



No comments:

Post a Comment