Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Days

We went for a cruise late afternoon yesterday and ended up in Dillar Cove.  That's Sailboat Cove to some around here.  When we first moved here we bought Richard and Linda's home.  I was so glad to see that it's looking good.  



I loved that house.  I'm trying to remember why we wanted to move.  Because we wanted a pool?  That's crazy.  I miss hearing the clanking of the ropes on the masts of the sailboats on windy days.



The first time I woke up and heard seagulls and the sailboats clinking I had to blink and make sure I wasn't at the ocean.  
I remember that feeling of that first summer living on the lake.  I don't think we unpacked one box the whole summer.  We played all day every day on the lake.  It was like an extended camping trip.  I know that's how the out-of-towners feel when they come in.  Our cove was busy this weekend.  Everyone was here.  It was the Kansas invasion.  I do love the sound of laughter and kids splashing and I am beginning to get that excited feeling over our trip to Arkansas to Lake Ouchita for the Fourth. And I can't wait to see my Ya-Ya friends!!!  

3 comments:

  1. This is Lori....lol
    I loved that house, but your house now is AWESOME!! I can't wait for the 4th!! It is gonna be sooo much fun! YaYa!! Be careful in the pantry today!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog today and I really like your new templet. So cool...Haven't heard from you in a while. Guess your summer is like ours BUSY...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to you both!!! I tried to write on your blog the other day but I guess they were working on the site and nothing would post! grr.. I read your blog every day Anita!! :)

    ReplyDelete