Monday, June 28, 2010

a minor set back

Have you ever had a mystery injury? One that you have absolutely no idea how you got it?  That happened to me this weekend!  I went upstairs Saturday morning to go wake Evan up for breakfast and could barely make it up the stairs and going back down was a booger too.  My right knee just seemed to give out on me when I was on the stairs.  I couldn't think of anything I'd done to it.  So I took Motrin and went on about my day.  Then Sunday when I woke up the silly knee was swollen!  Nothing terrible but definitely swollen.  So I took it easy all day yesterday and stayed off of it as much as I could and kept taking the Motrin.
Finally this morning I broke down and emailed my doc.  He's moved to Fayetteville and so I couldn't just run in to the office.  I told him what was happening and he asked me a few questions and then said it sounded like I'd twisted it.  He said that sort of injury can happen when you are hiking uphill or twist your knee.  Then BINGO!  It came to me.  When I am driving the boat while people are wake surfing I have to stand at a weird angle.  It is very much on an incline and I have my knee on the chair and it's twisted.  And we pulled a bunch of kids on Friday afternoon.  That is exactly what caused this!

I'm supposed to ice it and rest.  Ha!  I've been up cooking and freezing food for our 4th of July celebration. I don't have time to be down!!!  I need an instant fix.    I hope that everyone had a good weekend!  I'm thinking of my Texas family  today.  One of my Dad's brother passed away and his funeral is today.  I wish I could have gone down there.  I would love to see everyone.  It makes me think I've got to just set a time when I can go visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment