Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lynn's Mom's Tuna Salad with Pasta Shells

This is one of my most favorite summertime foods.  I never make it in the winter and it really doesn't feel like summer until I have this.  It's just an old favorite and it's nothing fancy.  I love recipes like that.  The ones that are simple and perfect and don't need to be updated or made into a gourmet dish.  It's perfect served with crackers.  Saltines to be exact.  


I doubled this recipe today and it won't last past lunch.


1 package of Tuna
2 boiled eggs
chopped dill pickles (I used a couple of heaping spoonfuls of relish)
1-2 Tablespoons of fresh minced onion
1 cup of small pasta shells, boiled and rinsed in cool water
mayonaise (I didn't measure)
Salt and pepper


This is one of those recipes that's really great if you can let it refrigerate for an hour or two but it's really hard not to eat it right away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment