It was such a crazy sight yesterday (and no, I didn't have my camera with me!) seeing all the water around the OKC area. And where water wasn't still standing you could see where it had been. There was a lovely shade of red from the red dirt over things that had been under water. Then when we got to the Penn Square area we were really shocked from HOW MUCH damage there still is from the hail storm. Do you remember seeing the video of the grapefruit size hail in the swimming pool? There are houses everywhere there with gigantic blue tarps covering the entire roof. I saw screens on the windows of houses and apartments that looked like someone had thrown grapefruits through them. Big gaping holes! Siding on houses that was dinged, cars that were demolished. Oklahoma City really needs a break from these crazy weather events. My heart goes out to them!!!
I had a fantastic day of shopping with my friends and really need to come back to reality because they spoiled me rotten. I got pampered big time! I think it's because Steph is trying to butter me up so I won't get mad when she won't float with me. I came home with a new bottle of perfume that she bought for me for my birthday, and new flip flops, and lots of Pirate's Booty. She even "somehow" ending up at the camera store where we shopped for camera lenses. But, Steph, if you're reading this, you still have to float.
Today it's back to chores! Getting ready for the weekend. Back to cleaning boats, and tiding up, and stocking up! I'm really looking forward to this next week too! Not only is it my 21st wedding anniversary but two of my oldest dearest friends are coming to see me for my birthday!!!! yay!!!!!!
Since I didn't take pics yesterday (bad Trish!) I will leave you with a picture of Cleo and the catwalk.
Love you friends!!! Life is good!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment