
The girls cut right in front of those boys but they didn't seem to mind. The boys on the right were all together with their mom and they rode our same shuttle out to the drop off spot. Their mother commented on how the girls smile for the camera even as they're hitting the water! haha!
Don't you love the ginger-blue water? And it is just as cool and refreshing as it looks. With a heat index around 110 yesterday we needed lots of stop and dips in the cool running water.

I (of course) had my phone and my camera with me. I had them triple bagged and inside a dry sack and was stowed away neatly in the kayak's dry storage. I quickly realized that my phone dinging was going to drive me insane if I couldn't check it as I was going down the river. So we stopped here (where the girls are in the photo above) so I could turn off my phone. But before I did I got a text from Joe saying "Please remember to drink lots of water today." He is the sweetest guy. So here's our photo for Joe. Of us drinking water.
We crack ourselves up
This is what happens when you turn 43. You get silly. You don't take yourself as seriously.
But if I were as cute as these two girls below I might be a little more serious.
Don't they look cool? Believe me.... these two command attention on the river. When they float by people pay attention. It's like E.F. Hutton is speaking.
This is the life. Really!
As a matter of fact the only people who saw me floating quietly behind them were some college kids who smiled sweetly and said "You need a beer mom?" Gee... thanks......
I got separated from Gina and Lori for a little bit but we met back up at the rope swing and watched the girls play.
And I'm really sorry Shandeeh for what I'm about to do.... but it's funny! I got a good laugh when I uploaded pictures.
Here's she is trying a back flip and notice down in the water to the left...
I'm telling you!!!! I had to beat them off with a big stick!


It was after this stop that we were really starting to get tired and we were sunburned. And... we only had about 3 more miles to float to the end.
I was sad to see my friends go! But I had a really fun day out on the river with them and it made for memories that will last a lifetime! We came home to my sweet husband who fed us all and listened to our stories about our big day! He really is the best. I love him!! If it weren't for Joe days like this wouldn't be possible.








I'm glad you guys had a good time and made it home safe.
ReplyDelete