The animals are restless today. The cat (who drives me crazy on a normal day) is scratching and meowing at the back door and so when I let him in, he meows through the house and then wants to go out the front door. Which is great! Right? So I let him out... and here he comes back to the back door again. And, well... you get the picture. The fact that I've done this with him 3 times just proves that I'm his circus poodle and he CAN make me jump through hoops. But no more! I am totally putting my foot down.
Today we have storms predicted. Not just storms but they are calling for severe weather. I'm not someone who is scared of every storm but I'm smart enough to have a healthy fear of storms. I have family and friends that survived the tornado in Moore. I lived in Texas when the Jarrell tornado happened. Listened to the storm rumble by as the sirens were going off. I was here in Grove during the tornado that struck Pitcher, Oklahoma and Seneca, Missouri and as I was driving with Amy and Joe listened to a young man on the radio on live air as they were setting up a triage area on the highway at Seneca and listened to him fight back emotion as they were bringing people to the tarp in the bed of pickup trucks. What were they thinking putting that on live air? On that day, many of my friends lost a dear friend as the tornado hit her home in Pitcher. Because of Misty, we now have a safe room. It's hard not to have a little fear when you've been that close to three F-5 tornados.
I have to go now... the cat is pawing frantically at the back door.

No comments:
Post a Comment