Friday, May 7, 2010

Divine Secrets

My friend Lori.... We've known each other since Kindergarten.  She's just one of my girlfriends I've known since Kindergarten but we've managed to stay close and sadly I don't ever see some of my other girlfriends but I love them too.  Lori's memory is amazing.  She remembers things about school that I don't.  I remember drinking chocolate milk every day while we watched Captain Kangaroo.  But Lori remembers everyone's names and details that I don't.  I loved spending the night at Lori's house.  She had  a very cool record collection!  We lost track of each other for years but reunited when we moved back to Oklahoma.  There are some friendships that survive being separated by continents, friendships that survive for years without seeing each other.  What I love about Lori is how easy she is.  She's a friend who truly accepts me just the way I am.  She loves me for the quirky behaviors I've had even since I was a kid.  She has never been embarrassed by me.   She has never tried to change me.  I love to hear Lori's encouragement and words of praise when I do something new.  She gives me the confidence to keep trying.  And beyond the complete acceptance, there's the laughter.  And there is a LOT of laughter.  
I love how Lori sees the humor in life and can not only laugh at me when I do something stupid but can laugh at herself and her mistakes.  I will never understand how such a brilliant person can get so lost in a car.  I trust her with my daughter's life but you have to know that they might end up at the Blue and Gold Sausage factory instead of at Lori's house on the ride home.
I love the fact that Lori has a kind soul.  She loves the underdog and is nice to everyone;  The checkout lady at Wal-Mart, the mentally handicapped kid at school, she is just very genuine.  I think we both value honest simple things.  But I also love the fact that Lori is a fighter.  She would never hesitate to defend me or anyone else she loves.  If you are fortunate enough to know Lori and call her a friend I would like for you to comment and tell me what you admire about her!

No comments:

Post a Comment