Saturday, May 22, 2010

Graduation

I had the best time yesterday and last night celebrating with many of our good friends.  What a happy time!  I loved seeing sweet smiles on friend's faces and tears of joy.  The very essence of love, joy, and pride.   I just wanted to share with you some of my favorite moments. 


First of all, I know some of my friends I've caught up to in recent times have thought I had this third kid named Zach.  In a sense that is true.  Zachary Lee has dated my daughter Amy since she was a freshman and he was a sophomore.  It's been a typical teenage relationship and they've had on and off times.  But after this long Zach feels very much like family.  I know those of you who know us know that I've had just as much anxiety as his real family during the wrestling season this year.  Nobody wanted that State Championship for him more than me.  And he made all of us proud.  After much begging (Michele- haha!) Zach went to cheer nationals with us.  He was one exhausted kid just coming off of the state wrestling tournament.  But he came through for our nationals squad and helped us win just two weeks after winning his state title.  I know some of you know what those practice schedules are like.  It's not easy doing one sport like that much less TWO at the same time. 
 Zach has gotten a wrestling scholarship to attend U.C.O. in Edmond, Oklahoma in the fall.  But even after securing that he still had the desire to compete.  And went on to work his way in pole vaulting to the state track meet.  With a torn quad.  I will try and keep this positive but.... how freakin' stubborn can a kid be?  He ended up not only qualifying for state but coming in at 3rd place and vaulting a personal best of 13'6".  In pain.   
I know Little Zach is going to have a great life.  I know because I've personally witnessed his strength of character and his determination.  Along with that he also has a tender heart.  









The last picture there, leads me into my next story.  Jake is the one on the right.  He is the only boy in the Martin clan.  He belongs to my friends Greg and Michele Martin.  Greg went to school with my sister in Holdenville and is a fellow Wolverine.  Michele has become one of my most cherished friends.  Jake has three big sisters Maggie, Kelsey, and Allie. They have also all become my friends.  I love this family!   Michele is Amy's cheer coach and teaches English at High School and last night I held my breath as I watched my friend walk to the podium.  She was one of Jake's class sponsors and the kids gave the sponsors flowers.  I was not sure my friend was going to be able to speak! When I tell you I was holding my breath, I really was.  This is her baby and she's been a mess all week.   So here she is:






Michele wrote a poem to the kids and it was cute and funny and sweet.  And her voice didn't break until the very end.  

Here we are at the Martin's before Graduation:












Have a wonderful day my friends! Life is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment