Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I think I love you~


You have changed my life!

That does seem a little dramatic.  But really I do love this crock pot.  The last crock pot I owned was round, didn't have a timer, and either undercooked or overcooked everything.  It was a fire hazard.  But this.... Look at it.  It is a thing of beauty.  With it's timer, and settings. And non-stick surface.  I've had it for a few months and everything I've made in this has had perfect results.  I got this G.E. crock pot at Wal-Mart and it was modestly priced compared to some that are on the market.   
Even though I don't have a real job anymore I'm gone a lot and it's given me the ability to ensure meals for everyone, including Evan who leaves for work every evening.  I had never really paid much attention to crock pot recipes before but I raided Lori's recipe box a while back and got several recipes from her and if you have any that you love please share with me!  I love getting recipes from friends. 
I came across a website a while back you may have heard me talk about.  This lady blogged about cooking meals for an entire year with her crock pot.  

crockpot365.blogspot.com and then I saw that she has a cookbook, so I ordered it from Amazon.com .  


Here it is.. sorry about the reflection.

I've made several of her recipes so far starting with the breakfast casserole, then the apricot chicken.  And tonight I made the brown sugar chicken.  It was delicious!  So I'm going to post the recipe for you.  
It will follow this blog.  I have one eye on the radar right now and listening to storm chasers so I'm too nervous to type it right this minute!  

1 comment:

  1. Update to this blog. Maggie wanted to know how much it costs. Walmart.com has it listed for $34.00
    :)

    ReplyDelete