6 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise (or I use 12 campari tomatoes)
1/4 cup of dijon or spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of melted butter or margarine
1 tsp of dried parsley flakes
1/8 tsp of ground red pepper
I cut just enough of the tomatoes off so that they will lay flat on a baking sheet and not wobble when you put the toppings on. (for the campari's I slice a little off the top and a little off the bottom)
Lightly brush the top surface of the tomatoes with the mustard. Sprinkle with salt.
In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and then place a pinch of the mixture on each tomato. Covering all of the top of the tomato.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the breading is lightly toasted.
Broil for a couple of minutes if you need to.
This is a recipe Erin gave me last summer and we promptly made it with perfect results!
No comments:
Post a Comment