Friday, May 14, 2010

My momma

My mom was the funniest the person ever.  I recently came across a box of keepsakes from when I was at Camp Ozark.  And in my box were a bunch of letters from Karla Pinion and June.  They both made me smile.  God bless the friends that can make you laugh!   My friend Karla's letters were all about the hot guys I was missing in town (and boy was I  :-) )  and my mom's letters were all about her daily life.  I imagine it's much like what I would write about to my kids.  One of my favorite things my mother wrote was.."I've been working in the garden this morning.  I'm up to my ass in cucumbers!"  And I don't doubt it one bit.  She used to make me hull purple hull peas before I could go anywhere with my friends in high school.  Right Tamara?  You know! We'd be all lined up with our own 5 gallon bucket just so I could go out with my friends.
My momma was a smart woman.  She knew how to get stuff done.  Got to hand it to her.

3 comments:

  1. What a great memory!!! I loved your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember clearly one summer day out at the farm. We were invited to help with peas before we got to go canoeing....lol, i have never forgotten it. xoxo Tamara Parnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori Langdon SanfordMay 17, 2010 at 9:16 AM

    I love June!! She was hilarious with her pet names for you, Fanny Farkle!!!

    ReplyDelete