Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memorial Weekend Menu

For the first time in many years we don't have company coming in for Memorial Day Weekend.  I don't know what to do or how to act!  How do I not cook enough food to feed an army?  Well, I figured out how to get my "need to feed" satisfied.  I'm cooking for us and for my friend Stephanie's family.  It's a win/win situation.  I get to cook in mass quantities still and it won't go to waste!  


I asked my Facebook friends what they were going to have and I got lots of feedback.  It sounds like everyone has a fun weekend planned and some great food to go along with it!  I especially love hearing the camping or chuckwagon meals.  My inner Girl Scout loves camp food.  Wouldn't it be fun to make little hobo packs again? 


Kari told me about her jalepeno grill and corer/seeder.  So I got that ordered and it should be here before the weekend.  I definitely plan to make some grilled stuffed jalepenos.  
I'm also going to make brisket.  But I've agonized over what side dishes to make.  There have been some interesting ideas on the web and in magazines.  I can't make all of them so I'm trying to narrow it down... Should I make Big Daddy's potato salad,  jalepeno cilantro slaw, cucumber salad, Mexican corn on the cob, summer squash casserole, or watermelon salsa?   


I can't decide... maybe I'll just make some peach sangria and think on it.  

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh......It all sounds so good....Sorry that we are too far South to come eat!!
    I love your mother's day gift....You must enjoy cooking as much as I do.

    Hope ya'll have a safe and Blessed Memorial Day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really love to see all of you! Joe and I need to plan to come down there. Thank you, I have collected Le Creuset one piece at a time and love the way it cooks.. but all of my other pieces are red. I always wanted a green one. Actually, I love every color. But green is what I like the best. The size of this braiser is PERFECT for the kinds of things I cook.

    ReplyDelete