Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's a hot one

When you wake up and see this much dew in your yard...



You know it's going to be a hot humid day.  I think summer is here.  And I thought you might like another sultry photo....





Ha Ha! Tricked you.  That's as sultry as it's gonna get folks.  


I power-washed yesterday around the back of the house.  I am telling you that cool deck is a pain in the hiney to power-wash. But since we had to move ALL the furniture we decided to get creative when we were putting it back and we were so happy we came up with this little seating area.  



Don't you love it when something old feels new again?  

Here's a back yard update for my friends who had listen to me moan and groan last year over the back yard re-do.  Early spring last year the house that Roy D. and Sharon live in was nearing completion and I was in SUCH a funk.  Their view from their deck, living room, kitchen, and master bedroom had an excellent view of my pool area.  I had no idea who would be moving in but my crazy imagination was running wild.  And not for the better!  I jumped into "operation hide from the crazy new neighbors" mode.  Luckily we got Roy D. and Sharon.  But I'm sure we'd both still like our privacy.  I'm quite sure they don't want to see ME anymore than I want to be seen.  
I planted trees that are going to be 25' high when they are full grown and they grow fast.  That was the idea... and so I packed them in.  Look at the scene before:



It's like a scene from the movie HOLES.  

I think it's amazing how fast stuff grows.  This is what it looked like this morning while I was out getting a picture of the dew on the ornamental grass.



The two windows you see on Roy D.'s house are his kitchen windows that face my direction. 
and... Yes! I do realize I need to clean my nasty fountain.  It's next on my list of things to do.  

My to do list is getting BIG!!!  And since I'm not having company come in this weekend I will have time to work around here a little.  I have more flowers to plant (ducking head in shame) and I bought hummingbird feeder and need to hang it!  I love them and they are everywhere, it seems.  I won't bore you with the rest of my list.  But I will say it involves painting... a little over-zealous cleaning yesterday.  
I am very excited, though, that our cove is beginning to come to life.  I love it when all my part time neighbors come in.  There is a feeling of excitement in the air.  I love hearing them laugh and talk when I go out late at night.  Or screams of joy as they jump into the cold lake.  Best of all the people across the cove have a baby and when I went out early this morning around sunrise I heard squeals from their back deck.  I'm sure they'd slipped out to let the rest of the house sleep in a little longer. 
I hope all of you have a safe and fun weekend.  I have new citronella candles and a pitcher full of sangria and I am planning to enjoy this Memorial Day weekend and remember the people I love. Especially those that aren't with me anymore.  



1 comment:

  1. I don't know WHY but the blog cut off the side of the picture showing the windows that I mentioned, but if you click on the photo it should take you to the flickr photo.

    ReplyDelete