Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sun. Jan 11, 2011

Hello friends!  It is day # 10 that I've been laid up, right foot above the level of my heart, being a pain in everyone's backside.   I've been pretty darn compliant too.    I have not put weight on my foot.  
Correction:  I haven't put weight on my foot since I went to the doctor and figured out I had a fracture.  Before then I'd walked on it.  :-/  Sorry.  My bad.  

I've learned that the simple things in life, indeed, ARE the best things.  Having my sweet friend shampoo my hair was pretty darn awesome.  But then the next day I got to have a real honest to goodness shower.  That was pretty luxurious too.  I've had so much fun with my family when they come in the room to see me.  Wow.  That made me cry when I typed that.  But it's so true.  I have loved having them come in and hug me and tell me stories.  Or curl up beside me to watch t.v., play with the dogs and cat, or take a nap. 
I just cherish them so much and I am so thankful to have such a loving, thoughtful family.  They have really always been wonderful but I just appreciate so much everything they've done just for me.  

I've been in a pretty good mood considering the circumstances.  But it's hard to feel down when everyone has been so kind.  I just wanted to tell all of my friends thank you.  I know this isn't over yet, but I'll certainly be on the road to recovery tomorrow.  And everyone being so sweet has really played a huge role in me handling this as well as I have.  

I am thankful that I can lay here and see out my window.  I have fly-by's from the eagle.  And sometimes he perches where I can see him across the way.  I was changing positions in bed today and caught a glimpse of pelicans in our cove, and sat up.  There really were a bunch of them.  There must have been 40 or more.  I noticed how puffed up they are.  They usually aren't this wide and they normally don't sit with their necks down like this. 


You know what I had to do.  I had to get up and get their picture.  I did hesitate for a moment because Evan was at work and Joe and Amy were both gone.  I've waited since September to have this many pelicans in my cove! And I couldn't let this time pass by without atleast TRYING to get a shot or two of them. 


The quality of this picture is bad but it really shows how low his head is and how he looks like a cloud floating out there.


It wasn't easy for me to hold still after crutching to the middle of the deck (barefooted I might add)
But as I was standing there trying to catch my breath and figuring out my camera settings I noticed they were moving towards me and there were more flying in!  




Not half bad!  I like this picture!



This little guy circled pretty close to me and then thought better of it and turned back around to leave.  

 I go in at 10:30 tomorrow morning and hopefully will be home mid afternoon...(???) I hope.  I really have no idea how long it will take.  Say a little prayer for me... I'm a little bit nervous.  I am just trying not to think about it.  I'm mostly worried about the post-op pain.  I hope that I can handle it without losing my dignity! haha

I've watched western movies the entire day today and it's motivated me to be tough! 

So long for now, my friends!!!


The End. 
Ha ha!  Just had to add that for the bootie shot.  

BYE!!! 




2 comments:

  1. Love you, my bestest friend!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!! Just make sure they give you enough to be comfortable afterwards. There is no sense in suffering...That's for the actors in the Westerns!!! LOL!! You'll do great and are in the best hands ever!! Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a week's worth of pain meds made me get the date in the title wrong. lol Ron caught it.

    ReplyDelete