Thursday, January 20, 2011

Amy's snow photos

Amy went out for me to take some snow photos.  I was excited to see what she would come up with.  Meanwhile, I wrote the entire other blog and posted it and then started to worry because she hadn't come back.  I tried to text her and call her with no answer.  I even thought she might have gone to someones house and decided to stay for a movie or something.  And then it occurred to me that she could have slipped and fallen into the lake.  It was a long time.  Finally she came by the back door and yelled to me that she'd be right back.  So when she finally came in I hooked up the camera to the computer and started going through her pics. The first few were good and I was impressed but then they got better and better.


  These first three made me miss summer.

No soaking up the sun today



It's just not right



Too sad for words 


Don't you just love fresh snow that nobody has walked through?  There are two sidewalks here under this snow.  Mine and our neighbors.  




These birds planned ahead and stocked up on bottled water, toilet paper, and bread.  They're set!




The raccoon house





The other thing I love about snow... how it makes little mushroom cap hats on everything





The snow even put a stop to my neighbors deforestation 

In a few short days when all of this has melted they'll be back to the chainsaws so I think I'll take a moment to enjoy this peace and quiet.   





No need for the MCT these days




I'm really happy we haven't had any freezing rain because once again I forgot to wrap up my fountain and it would crack.  I'm lucky! I've already had to replace the bottom bowl once and the top bowl once.




The birdhouse Carrie & Winston gave me looks happy with some snow on the ledge

As she took pictures she got more artistic and really had an eye for unique and beautiful shots.  Here are some of my favorites. 


I have a t-shirt that says remember where you came from.  I think that would have to be the title for this shot.




















Can you tell what this is? 


















Beautiful nandina



The next one is probably my favorite



It is so crisp and clear

I think she did a really good job!  I'm so glad she went out for me and captured some of this beauty. 



She's my little angel baby.  My little baby angel. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures - No snow in E. Texas, but yours is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look....I'm with Marsha, NO SNOW in E. Texas, but I do love all your pictures of the beautiful white stuff.
    Hope your feeling better.
    Shug

    ReplyDelete