Sunday, January 23, 2011

My day out!

I'd plan to share with you a recipe that I made up.  I actually made this recipe when we lived in Texas just on a whim and wrote down what ingredients I used and then put it in my recipe box and forgot about it until yesterday.  The o.c.d. person in me, though, won't let me print it just yet.  Mostly because I don't want to steer anyone wrong and let you eat something yucky.  My first test was having Joe make it according to my directions, but now I am going to make a couple of adjustments and try it again before I share.  Then I have the problem of naming it.  Should I name it simply what it is?  Come up with something cute and catchy?  Anyway... stay tuned.  This will be so much easier when I can actually move around and carry things.

I had my first outing since surgery today!  I was so excited.  Amy took me with her to her gym (Cheers!) to her private stunting practice.  I got to meet Kevin.  He's been working out with her for a couple of weeks now.  It was nice to finally see them stunt together!  The poor guy had worked all night at the Hard Rock Casino and then got off at 6:30 this morning and came up here to stunt with my girl.  I have to admit I was a little nervous wondering just how tired he was.  But I think this guy could stunt in his sleep.  He was amazing!
I haven't watched Amy partner stunt very much since she was a Freshman.  I was very happy to see she picked right up where she'd left off, and not only that but she was so much more polished looking.  

After she finished stunting she dropped me off and went to pick up my friend Steph.  I am so thankful to have such a great friend!  Stephanie is taking Amy to Norman to her first cheerleading audition.  I am really bummed that I couldn't go, but I didn't want them to have to babysit me and help me.  It would take away from Amy's experience.  I'll make the next two auditions I'm sure!  And besides I think it's kind of cool that Amy has one on one time with one of my best friends.  Stephanie will be a great cheerleader for Amy and will keep her from feeling intimidated.  I know I feel really good about it!
And then tomorrow morning her tumbling coach Kelsey and her cheer coach Michele will meet her and be with her during auditions.  How lucky we are to have such great friends!!!
Thank you very much Michele Martin, Kelsey Martin, and Stephanie Bechtol.  Your support means the world to me!!!

Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment