Monday, January 17, 2011

The new steel plated me!

Greetings!  It's been a week since my surgery and I can tell I'm feeling better because I'm antsy and bored.  I have to say that my surgery experience here in Grove was phenomenal.  I couldn't have asked for better care.  I certainly didn't expect to be laughing and joking around right before surgery considering how nervous I was, but Stephanie came and stayed with me and Joe and was such a blessing.  She really kept our nerves at bay.
 I'm not going to lie.  The first day or two were really tough.  I cried.  A lot.  But hour after hour the pain seemed to ease a little bit more.

It's been an interesting experience.  I've had a LOT of time to just sit and think.  I've thought about my new years resolution to exercise.  I sure haven't gotten started on that one yet but I am pretty motivated.  I realize it's going to be an incredibly slow start.  I don't know when I'll be able to start walking or start physical therapy but I'm going to be super ready!!  I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to wear any of my old jeans anymore.  I've been well-fed while I've been down.

I've also thought about this blog.  I have thought about upcoming blog subjects and recipes and I'm even considering moving my blog to another blogging engine.  The main reason is I want to be able to index recipes for easier access.  Any thoughts?

This has been a bummer of a time to be down and out.  It's right smack in the middle of my daughter's senior year and I haven't been able to go to games to take pictures and now I'm not even sure if I can make it to Norman to take her to her cheerleading audition!  Luckily my friend Steph has gladly stepped in and is going to go with her.  And her two coaches are planning to go as well.  I know she'll be in good hands.
It's also time to shop for a prom dress!  See???? Not a good time to be down! I know if I can't make it Carrie will take her.   I'm really hoping I can get back on my feet before I miss much more of her senior year!

I had the funniest thing happen to me the other night.  Just when I was sitting here feeling all warm and fuzzy from the outpouring of love and support... I was on Facebook and commented on one of my daughter's friend's page.  It's a boy, and this girl from another town called me a cougar for commenting on his Facebook page!  I suspect there was some alcohol involved for her to be so brazen and off-base.
Clearly this person doesn't know who I am or what kind of person I am.  I found it really interesting though.  Are manners gone?  Any thoughts on this?  Or am I the person who is wrong for talking to kids that are my kids age?  hmmm.....

While I've pondered all of these things I just look out my window and watch the birds swim around and fish for their dinner.


It's pretty relaxing. 


These are pictures my daughter took.
She knows I miss going out and taking pics.

Have a great week my friends!  I'm going to be sitting here reading, watching t.v,  and pouring over recipes!  (And wondering when I'll ever be able to wear jeans again)

Life is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment