And I am SO SORE from going out the last three days. I really over did it. First I check the fridge and decided we don't have nearly enough BBQ sauce. There was maybe half of a cup left. Not being discouraged, though, I crutched to the pantry and see that we have a bottle of chili sauce. Handy little stuff.
I am all about using what you have so I went with that.
Then I decide that if I'm going to cook I might as well blog about it. So I crutched back through the house to get my camera and hung it around my neck and crutched back to the kitchen. Then set it on the counter. Then I had to move items one by one crutching back and forth to the counter the crock pot was on. I had to go to it because there is no way I could have crutched with a crockpot in my arms.
Finally, I got all the items needed.
I used two packages of ribs for the four of us
I haven't ever used boneless ribs before but wanted to give it a try
Then I squirted the BBQ sauce in the pot. And the chili sauce. Then I decided it needed some water.
Crutched to the sink and got a coffee cup full of water and slowly crutched back to the crock pot. Shew! It's tiring. Taking pictures my arms were trembling from the fatigue of the last few days.
I needed to stir it but guess what? No spoon. Do I crutch back to get a spoon? NO. I decided I could use the tip of the BBQ bottle to stir it. And.. it worked fine. Priorities change.
I seasoned the ribs the best I could not having a half sheet to lay them out on. I just seasoned one side of them in the pack. By the time I got that done and got them into the sauce in the crock pot I was a mess. Both hands had slime from the meat and sauce on them.
I couldn't crutch back to the sink because my hands were dirty. But I had to!
So here I went swinging both crutches with my arm pits. Swing forward a tiny bit and then lean and crutch up a step. Swing step. Jeez. Who's idea was this? And why is it spelled barbecue but people write BBQ? I have so many questions. Like why is my left foot cramping up? It's my right foot that hurts.
This is a simple simple recipe. But I feel like I've climbed Mt. Everest. That being said.. here's the recipe and here's the verdict.
The cooked ribs
This recipe was delicious! Joe came home and went to check it. It is fork tender and has a very nice flavor. You can do this recipe with bone-in ribs, chicken, pork chops, or pork loin. Super easy!
When Joe got home he steamed some fresh broccoli and then heated up some little corn-on-cobs and we had a delicious dinner!!!!
And we both are in agreement that we really like the flavor the chili sauce added. You don't have to do it if you don't want but it turned out to be a great addition to this recipe!
All we did was combine the ingredients and cook on low for 6 hours. :)
Life is good!



No comments:
Post a Comment