Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Doctor Appointment

Well, I had a successful trip to the doctor today for my post op visit.  Actually, the whole experience has been great.  I checked in and got my x-rays.  Then went to the doctor's office.  They got me right back into the cast room which was making me feel slightly nervous.  But I got my soft cast off and they removed my staples.  The incision site looks terrific and the swelling isn't bad at all.  I asked Chuck if he thought the doc would put me in a boot or another cast and he said it depended on how I was healing.  So I was very happy when Dr. Ogg came in and said that it looked like I could go to a walking boot.  Which is slightly misleading.. because I can't walk for four more weeks.  I still have to crutch around and be very careful but hey!! No cast, right?  That means I can SHAVE.  And use LOTION.  I'm alright with that.
So Steph took me out to celebrate!  We had a nice lunch and caught up.   Bless her heart for taking such good care of the Robinson's.  Her husband asked if he could have her back now.  :)  Sorry Dr.B you have to share with me.  Next on our agenda.. she's taking me shopping.  I had so much fun last year taking her in the little electric shopping carts through Wal-Mart and now she reminded me that it's time to repay the favor.  This time I get to drive!  Beware Wal-Mart shoppers!  You've been warned.
I'm so happy I can finally make short trips out.
 Tomorrow Carrie is taking me to lunch.  I can't really tolerate being out very long because the foot swells back up but it feels so good to get out and makes my day pass quickly. YIPPEEE!!!

Good news,  while I was down I made a list of recipes I plan to blog about and I came up with at least a hundred ideas. So as soon as I can walk- look out!  I'm really excited that in four weeks I'll begin physical therapy and begin to be active again.  Small victories!  Got to be sure to count those.

Life is good!!!

Oh.. Amy's first audition went well.  She's ready to keep working and go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment