Thursday, November 11, 2010

well...

We survived!  We still don't know who all made the All-State team but it was just a crazy competition.  I counted 20 6A girls and they all threw fulls, etc..  And there were so many more really great cheerleaders.  There were about 60? there I think from the East side of the state.
I was really glad Joe cleared out his schedule to go with us.  He did NOT have fun.  He couldn't even look at our daughter when she did her cheer except towards the end.  He declared he HATES the All-State cheer competition.  :)  It was brutal.  I had an intense headache the whole time which I'm sure was from my blood pressure.
I'm telling you folks it takes a lot of guts to put yourself up for that kind of scrutiny.  I have a lot of respect for our girls for going and giving it there all.   Who knows what the outcome will be.  I know I could not judge those girls.  They would all be winners.  My heart broke as I watched girls fall.  And there was one girl who came out in a full walking boot to her knee and got out there with a brace on and went full-on! She could barely walk to sit back down.  There was another girl who got up to cheer and had no voice and was obviously sick. But she pressed on too.  The kids were all cute and fun and so supporting of each other.  It really was a neat experience.

I'm really relieved to have a day at home and I'm doing a little rain dance hoping the skies will open up and it will pour!  I am making a yummy stew and then tomorrow I'm making homemade turkey meatballs from my new Nigella cookbook.  I don't plan to put on make up or take off my yoga pants all day! OH SHOOT.  As soon as I typed that I remembered that I have to go with our girl to get her cap and gown ordered tonight.  :-/  Hope they don't mind yoga pants.  Probably all they care about is a check.

Friday our football team travels to McAlester for the first football playoff game.  It is 3 hours away.  I'm debating.  I'm soooooooo worn out.  I just don't know if I can make another trip tomorrow.  I can only consume so many energy drinks in one week.  My heart can't take it.

We had a wonderful day though yesterday and I want to personally thank Mrs. Hilliard, Terri Botts, and Kelsey Martin for their support.  And I am so glad Taylor came to watch the girls compete.  I loved getting to see him and also Blake who came and met up with us.  Sweet boys!!

Ok, got to get to cooking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl...been there with both of my daughters....Have fun and enjoy it all. I still have great memories from their cheerleading days and who could forget their Senior Years....

    Warm Blessings,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete