Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cheese Ball

I have two recipes that I'm going to share with you. Both recipes are great to take to a holiday gathering.  The recipe today is a cheeseball and the one I'm going to post tomorrow is a salmon spread.
At the request of a couple of friends I'm going to post a turkey recipe!  :)

This cheese ball I first had at my friend's gift shop.  Gina Tweed and her mother Bea Dann had a wonderful gift shop in Texas and was one of my favorite hangouts when I had free time.
I asked Gina the other day if I could share the recipe and she asked me to please give the credit to Shari Mason, as it was her legacy and she passed away with cancer.  I never knew Shari but if my friends loved her you can bet she was a good person!!

To make this recipe you will need:


Right after I took this picture I realized this recipe called for 2 packages of cream cheese.  :)

2   8oz. packages of cream cheese
1   8 oz. package of sharp cheddar cheese shreds
1 small jar of amor dried beef
1 bunch of green onions
2 tsp of worcestershire sauce
chopped pecans (approx. 1 cup)

I clean the green onions well and cut the ends off.  I use just a little bit of the white part of the onion and then most of the green.  
In a food processor mix the beef and the onions, then add the cream cheese, then when that is blended add the worcestershire sauce and then the cheddar.  

This either makes one pretty large ball or two smaller balls.  Shape the balls and the refrigerate them until ready to serve and then roll in chopped pecans.

*  Sometimes guests don't like nuts and you can omit this and it still tastes great!  I also like to toast my pecans before rolling the balls in them.  

I can tell you that I'd never had dried beef until I had this recipe and I was a little unsure of it.  But you really can't even tell it's in here.  It just adds great flavor!  

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS SOMETHING i WOULD LIKE WILLL HAVE TO MAKE IT NEXT PARTY I HAVE!!

    ReplyDelete