Monday, November 22, 2010

Chicken Eddy


You might be familiar with Chicken Eddy... it's one of my old stand-by recipes.  I've made this ever since the kids were little.  And it is perfect for mothers who are worn out and need something quick and easy to fix.  It's something that the kids will love and so will mom and dad! 

Ingredients:
2 cans of soup (your choice of any two: Cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or cream of celery)
2 large cans of chicken, drained
1/2 stick of melted margarine or butter
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
8 oz. of flat egg noodles
milk (to thin out if needed)

Cook the egg noodles until tender, drain, and rinse with cool water. 
Meanwhile mix all of the other ingredients and then stir in your egg noodles.  
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

Saturday I have food that I really needed to cook (or throw away) and so I got that done.  Cooked Sausage and put it in the freezer to use when I made my dressing for Thanksgiving.  I also had bacon to cook, and then some chicken.  What I had were 6 pieces of organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  
I seasoned them with salt and pepper and a little bit of seasoned salt.  And cooked them over low heat in the skillet I used to cook the sausage.  It came out with a super flavor but I really had no idea what exactly I was going to do with my cooked chicken.  And Joe suggested we have Chicken Eddy.

I happened to have 2 different types of egg noodles and had enough left over of each to make the recipe. I happened to have one onion but no mushrooms.
And I didn't have 2 different types of soup but had one large can of cream of chicken soup.

Life is about improvising, don't you think?  I had enough ingredients that it worked for me!  
This was possibly one of the most delicious batch of Chicken Eddy I've ever made.  I don't know for sure what made it so yummy but I suspect it was the chicken. At any rate... I just wanted to share.  
Go with what you have and don't be scared to improvise! 

Today I'm doing some serious grocery shopping and getting ready for our turkey day!  I hope all of you have a terrific Monday and even if your day started off by getting stuck in a car wash I still hope your day is great! ;)


Life is good!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of it, but will try it! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? Will you be getting together with Kitty and her family? Looks like I need to look at your other recipes too! Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good and fast!
    Thanks for yet another wonderful recipe!

    Kari~

    ReplyDelete